Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Healthy Food does not have to taste bad. Mock mashed potatoes

Today marks the beginning of self accountability. For the past two years Bob and I have been coaching teams on how to lose weight with the added benefit of reversing type 2 diabetes. When I first embarked on the journey I did a 5 day Reset program which helps reverse the body's cravings for bad carbs. I lost 23 pounds the first 6 months and have been coasting for awhile. I would like to lose an additional 15 pounds and have identified my weakness and it is the lack of enough exercise so I plan on taking action so I can be more fit in all areas of my life.


We have coached many people with great results but I have long felt the need to blog about the experience with the benefit of sharing tips and receipes for others on this lifelong journey.


I am sharing a receipe for "Potato Cauliflower Mash" which will shock you as to how good it is. This is a low glycemic, low carb receipe.

1 head cauliflower trimmed
12 oz potatoes peeled
1 Tsp butter
Salt and Pepper to taste

Peel potatoes, cube and cook until tender. Trim the leaves from the cauliflower and cut in 1/2 inch cubes. Place in a microwave safe bowl and add 3 or 4 tablespoons water. Cook until tender 12 to 15 minutes. Drain all liquid from potatoes and cauliflower and combine in a bowl and whip with mixer. Add butter and salt and pepper to taste. For a creamer texture, you can add milk, a tablespoon at a time. Enjoy. Check out my new weightloss website:

http://www.kstrong.trinityhealthweightloss.com/ Check out the 10 day jumpstart.

No comments: