Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Birthdays

Whew!! Birthdays are special especially for little ones. Not so much for old ladies like myself. Recently Bob and I went to one of our great grandson's 2 1/2 year old party. Why a 2 1/2 year old party you ask? Well Ryan's birthday is December 22nd, not a great time to have a birthday let alone a party. How do I know.....because my birthday is December 23rd. Anyway it was a great idea to have a 2 1/2 year old party.

They had it at a big health club here called Bodyworks for Women. they have a wonderful indoor children's pool with two slides, big buckets that periodically fill with water that dump water all over the place, big valves like fire fighter valves and things to climb on and so on. The place was crawling with little people and their parents.

Even my youngest granddaughter, Silas who is one year old wanted to be part of the action. She thinks so is so big. I came directly from work and did not have a bathing suit on. Not sure I want one on right now either. I got soaked trying to keep silas safe. Her bigger brother Memphis loved it so much. He must have gone down the slide 100,000 times.

I am writing about this with a bit of nostalgia. It brought back memories of my dear sweet mother. She loved parties especially family parties and she would have loved this one. It was filled with little people having a good time and their parents watching them carefully. Mother had a few more grandchildren than I do ( I have 18) and quite a few more great grandchildren. She was never happier than getting together with the family. I hope there will be times in heaven when we get together with all our loved ones to celebrate the love we have for one another. I sit here crying, longing for her and the sweet memories we shared but glad she has gone on to be with Jesus. I guess it strikes me most when I am enjoying something I know she would have loved.

No comments: